Thursday, November 26, 2015

My Hero

           Happy Thanksgiving to those of you in the United States, I hope you are enjoying your day, your traditions, your family and yummy food!

I went a little bit different on the Thank You card/Give Thanks theme over at Little Miss Muffet Stamps, this cupcake image Super Star Cupcake reminds me of a super hero and I have a few of those in my life that I felt this would be perfect for.  This will go to my dad as I feel so lucky and grateful to have him in my life.

My dad has always been my hero and right now at this time as we celebrate our first Thanksgiving without my mom (she passed away last month from ALS) he shows what it is like to have a quiet courage and strength to move forward. He mourns her absence everyday and his heart is hollow, but he still reaches out in service to others. He helps because that's just who he is. He doesn't give himself any credit and never feels quite good enough, but he doesn't see himself through others eyes, and he has been a blessing and a hero to many.  He is a perfect example of what a loving husband looks like and while he is hurting and sad, he knows my mom is in a better place, free from her tired and sick body and I know that gives him comfort, he knows he will see her again some day and I know that gives him strength to carry on.  They were married 47 years and she left us way too soon as I'm sure many others feel the same who have lost loved ones.

My prayer for anyone who is missing a loved one or feeling alone to know that they are truly NEVER alone.  I believe in angels and I believe that God loves everyone of us and I pray for comfort and peace for any who are in need.  I know my mom is watching over us, I have felt her near me at times and have felt her love, a little soul hug when I most needed it.  My emotions are close to the surface at this time and while I normally don't share, I felt that I wanted to.  I haven't really written my feelings down yet about my mother and her passing, just this little blip, I will go more in depth, but in my personal journal.  At this time, I hope you are all surrounded by peace and comfort and know that each and everyone of us are heroes too..... :)

The inside says Thank You.....forgot to take pic, it's one of the rare ones that I actually decorated the inside as well!

I would like to enter the following challenges:

4 Crafty Chicks-masculine

1 comment:

  1. Sharla, this card is so awesome! I love the city scene in the cupcake!! How neat! Bright, colorful and has such wow factor - thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile, thank you for taking time to leave a message!