Thursday, January 5, 2012

ACTION!!!

This word ACT, or some form of the wordACTION/ACTIVE is the word I chose to focus on for 2012. 

I have been stagnating for far too long, and yes, I say that quite often and get in a nasty cycle of laziness, procrastination, etc, but I've had it. I'm done.  I want to live and not let life pass me by while I play Bubble Witch, or Bejeweled, Gardens of Time or Words with Friends, or spending countless hours on Pinterest, Facebook, blog hopping or whatever else I waste a HUGE amount of time doing.  Not to say I won't still play games, blog hop, etc, but honestly, the amount of time I spend is crazy.

 I want to be more active in every aspect of life.  I want to actively create, get caught up with scrapbooking, card making, organizing, exercising, meditating, living. 

I found this on Transformation.com, and it really spoke to me, especially since it has to do with being ACTIVE and the difference between that and being inactive.


This is from the book Don Miguel Ruiz and the Four Agreements

I haven't read the book, but this was posted on one of the forums and I LOVE it!

"Action is about living fully. Inaction is the way that we deny life. Inaction is sitting in front of the television every day for years because you are afraid to be alive and to take the risk of expressing what you are. Expressing what you are is taking action. You can have many great ideas in your head, but what makes the difference is the action. Without action upon an idea, there will be no manifestation, no results, and no reward." (p.82)


Well, I really want that reward, I really want to see results, I really want to look at myself and not think that I am just wasting my time and my life. 
So, how am I going to be more ACTIVE?

Some co-workers and I are starting a challenge on Monday Jan 9th, it will end April 2nd.  We will go by body fat % lost.  We will walk, jog, run, I am going to renew a membership at the rec center for myself and my husband, and make it a family affair.
 
My friend and I are doing two challenges a week with scrapbooking/card making.  We will post our projects on our blog and keep in touch that way.
 
Emotionally, Mentally, Spiritually, I will spend time in scriptures, reading uplifting articles, quotes, poems, blogs, and in prayer.
 
These are just a few things that I am going to incorporate into my life to make life more ACTIVE and more fulfilling.  I am going to blog more and maybe that will help keep myself more accountable.....as long as it doesn't take up too much of my time!!  :)

5 comments:

  1. I love this post! I need to pick this word out for myself as well. Very inspiring! Look forward to reading more of your blog posts in 2012! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great word! good luck!! glad your back posting again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love your word and I love that passage from the Four Agreements...especially when he say "deny life". Wow! I don't ever want to deny my life!! I want to live it!!!

    You have great goals and I KNOW you will do them!!

    Thanks for always supporting me and my work. I appreciate you, Sharla!!!

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome word Sharla! So happy to "see" you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you have a plan.
    We can talk the talk all we want, but it is when we walk the walk where we see results.
    Good for you :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile, thank you for taking time to leave a message!