Saturday, November 7, 2015

Always Be a Mermaid!!!

Mermaids have always been a favorite in my family, ever since my son was a toddler and Disney's Little Mermaid came out, he was in love with Ariel (sorry son :P ), my daughter too, Ariel is her favorite Disney Princess.  Then when she hit the tween age it was Aquamarine, trust me, I've watched both these movies more times than I can count.  I think mermaids fascinate me so much because the thought of being able to swim, and live under the water actually terrifies me and they make it look easy, graceful and glamorous.  I know they aren't real, but with all things fastastical and mystical, it's fun to pretend!

So my art journal today consists of tons of mermaid images, sea friends and the awesome coral reef. All images are from SOME ODD GIRL.  (links below)
I colored all the images with copics, the sea is made with a wave stencil from Simon Says Stamp, the waves are distress ink in Tumbled Glass, Mermaid Lagoon, & Peacock Feathers. The quote is made from Your Next Stamp clear letter stamps and the sand is torn cardstock.  This was truly a labor of love as it took many hours, but I'm so happy with how it turned out, I think it would also look fabulous on a canvas!!  I do apologize for a little glare on the pic.


               
                                                        MerMan Kody   Mermaid Queen


                                                Under the Sea Mae  Coral Reef   Sea Turtle
                                                       
                         
                                    Clear Letter Stamps from Your Next Stamp (couldn't find in store)


I would like to enter the following challenges:
+Simon Says Stamp-So Glossy (turtle shell, trident, seashells)
+Sugar Pea Designs-ATG
Kraftin Kimmie Stamps-ATG
+Crafting With Friends-ATG
Crafting from the Heart-ATG
2 Creative Chicks-ATG
Some Odd Girl-linky party
+Glitter N Sparkle-ATG




3 comments:

  1. Wow Sharla! How amazing is this! So much to look at and appreciate! I want to be a mermaid too! Thanks for joining us at Kraftin' Kimmie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too want to be a mermaid! I love SOG stamps and her mers are so wonderful! You may love AuroraWings too. She has some lovely mers!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile, thank you for taking time to leave a message!