Monday, October 25, 2010

Gratitude

I wanted to touch more on my thoughts regarding this topic and add some quotes as well. I've been working on an assignment on Transformation.com and funny enough, the chapter was on the Heart of Gratitude. I love it when things just line up and fall into place like that!! It's awesome!

So, some of the quotes listed below were from Oct conference, just a few snippets from a talk by Thomas S. Monson.


"gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all others."

"When you walk with gratitude, you do not walk with arrogance and conceit and egotism, you walk with spirit of thanksgiving that is becoming to you and will bless your lives." he quoted Gordon B Hinkley.

"to express gratitude is gracious and honorable, to enact gratitude is generous and noble, but to live with gratitude ever in our hearts is to touch heaven."

LOVE that!!!

Also, from my transformation assignment, this is from Bill Phillips new book that came out in July of this year. Bill Phillips did the Body for Life program and has now added a more of mind/body/spirit element to getting and staying healthy. Bill states facts and research findings in this part of his book. There are many Dr's/researchers/studies going on regarding gratitude and it's effects on health.

"health isn't just a condition of the body,it starts within the mind and heart, out of all the positive thoughts and emotions, none is more healing that gratitude."

"Simply being thankful can lead to a healthier, happier life."

"grateful people were discovered to be more likely to feel a connection to others and to something greater than themselves."

"scientific research makes it clear that when we practice gratitude it helps us become more energetic, motivated,happier and altogether healthier."

I just took some snippets from the talk and the chapter in the book....I've found this absolutely fascinating. The connection between gratitude, health, emotions, energy, and overall well being is pretty amazing. I'm definitely going to start practicing a daily gratitude meditation, I mean, who couldn't use more motivation, energy, health and happiness???? I know I could!!

3 comments:

  1. Sharla, this is sooooo true!! This is why I chose gratitude as my first word for the Challenge on my blog. I know when I am grateful I experience all those things you just shared!!

    Happy Day to you:)
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to write down everyday 5 things that I was grateful for or things that made me happy. Helped me appriciate everyday things. Now I usually do this on my blog on Thursdays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that quote by Gordon Hinkley. Thanks for reminding us to always be grateful!:-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile, thank you for taking time to leave a message!