Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Warning, vent ahead......

Anyone who knows me, knows that I have a love/hate relationship with diet coke. I. AM. ADDICTED. I climb on the wagon every so often for a few weeks at best, and then in a weak moment, throw myself off the back and run frantically to the nearest drive thru that offers coke products. Well, at this exact moment....I'm off the wagon. So, I'm in my happy place, (the drive thru) waiting to get my X-tra LARGE diet coke. Happily hand over my 2 bucks and drive away.............ah crap. They freakin gave me regular coke......GRRRR, by the time I realize this, Ive already left the drive thru and am headed back to work from my lunch hour. I'm running late too, otherwise I would've gone back, handed drive thru girl my coke, made her drink some and ask her if she thought that was what diet tasted like. Yes, in the grand scheme of things, it's certainly not the end of the world, but at that moment, when I'm anticipating the deliciousness of bubbly diet coke and I end up sputtering and spitting out regular....it felt pretty dang close to the end of my world. *ok, vent over, returning now to our regularly scheduled program* ;)

3 comments:

  1. LOL.
    I can so relate, but I only drink reg. Coke. No diet anything for this girl. I am an addict as well.LOL
    Hubby drinks diet, so when we go to a restaurant I am very clear that I Do Not want diet, LOL. They probably think I'm a wing nut LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I so know what you mean!! I go to Sonic everyday for my Diet Lime Coke during Happy Hour and I tell ya' when they bring out a regular one it throws me for a loop!!!

    Awwww, you made my day having my button here. You are great, Sharla!:)

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  3. So funny, I would feel the same way if I got diet Coke instead of regular. Last drive thru totally forgot to give us any french fries with our meals! That was very annoying.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile, thank you for taking time to leave a message!