Monday, June 25, 2012

Critter Sketch Color Challenge

The challenge over at Critter Sketch challenge blog this week is to create a project with these colors based on this picture, provided by http://design-seeds.com/index.php/home/entry/mental-vacation5.  Aren't those colors gorgeous, and I would love nothing more than to be sitting under that umbrella right now, laying on the beach, reading a book!!  Sounds like a piece of heaven to me!

Be sure to enter the challenge, our sponsor this month is Robyn's Fetish, the winner will get 5 digi stamps of their choosing!!

I tried to recreate the beach scene with this card, I used the sandcastle and umbrella  from the Create a Critter cartridge, the clouds were from a clear stamp, the sun was done with a circle punch and I just cut little strips for the rays.  The cute girl is a digi stamp from Some Odd Girl, she's adorable and I thought fit the scene perfectly.  I used glossy accents on her sunglasses and just colored her up with copics.  I kinda feel like the card needs something else, but can't put my finger on it, and I didn't want to keep adding to it for fear of overdoing it and then ruining it.....so I guess it stays as is for now.  Maybe shading or inking....hmmm, I'll have to see about that!

I'm entering the following challenges

+Cupcake Inspirations #166 based on this picture

+Tammy's Scrappin Corner-Anything Goes, Any Artist

+Paper Playtime-Anything with a Sentiment
+Love to Create-Anything Goes
+My Craft Spot-Summer Colors

Thanks for visiting!


16 comments:

  1. Lovely summerly scene you created. hugs, Marion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute card!
    Great use of the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so awesome, Sharla!! What a fabulous take on the sketch!! I love the image and her heart-shaped shades!! So cute :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cute, thanks for sharing at cupcake inspirations

    Tina
    sweetie dt

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card makes me want to go to the beach, it is bright and happy :) Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute beach scene....reminds me of summer vacation. Thanks for joining us at Paper Playtime this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. how Gorgeous. I love the colors and it is really wonderful.
    Thanks for Entering the Challenge
    At Tammy's Scrapin Corner.
    I hope to see you enter next week!!
    Hugs Owner Tammy Ortiz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super Cute!! Thank you so much for playing with us this week at Love to Create Anything Goes Challenge!! Please Come back & play with us again really soon!!

    Many Blessings,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cute!!! I LOVE how you created the beach...so fun!! THANKS for joining us at Love to Create!!!
    Hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card is adorable, Sharla! I love the little scene you created. Thanks so much for stopping by during the Paper Smooches July Release Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute! Thanks for playing at My Craft Spot.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a beautiful card lovely image and fab colours.... thanks for sharing with us at Love to Create challenge this week! Jo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just too fun! I love the little heart shades - and the bits of glitter are fabulous touches!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super cute Sharla, love this color scheme, very stunning. Thanks so much for playing at MILKCOFFEE this time:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute card! Love the glitter! Thanks for joining the fun at My Craft Spot!

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile, thank you for taking time to leave a message!