Saturday, December 25, 2010

A finial how to...


I've seen alot of projects lately using finials....well, these little suckers aren't the easiest things to find, so I ordered some online only to find that they were way to big for my project. Looking around the craft stores I came up with a way to make my own. If you already knew this, then just ignore me, but I thought I was pretty clever to figure this out!

Here are the supplies needed:

1) Doll Pin Stands
2) Doll Pin Heads
3) Ball Finials
4) Wood glue
Here is a pic to help figure out what these look like.
Step 1: Glue the pin head (circles) to the pin stands (base)
Step 2: Glue the little ball finial on top of that and DONE!! Super easy!! I'll post in a day or two to show you the project I made using these homemade finials!
You could also leave the ball finial off and use the base and circle, but I kinda like the top part!

5 comments:

  1. Those look great! I love finding tricks to create something on my own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh can't wait to see what you do with these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! That is so creative!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! I can't wait to see what you make with these. I'm still going to make those apothocary type jars you posted a couple of weeks ago!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile, thank you for taking time to leave a message!