Saturday, April 25, 2015

Sending Birthday Wishes and some real life stuff..

I haven't done much lately with card making....I've been kind of taking a break and doing more reading, more coloring classes and spending time with my family.

My family has really been going through some challenges, as all families do, but this is where I know my time is needed.  I will craft, scrap and card make as I have time, some times I will have more time and at others....less time.  My daughter just recently moved out and over to my mom and dads, which leaves me with at least half of her room to convert into a scrappy space, I've got most of it done and set up and I LOVE it!  Ash being over at my mom and dads is a nice safe baby step for her to being more independent and also she can be there to help my mom.  My mom was diagnosed last Oct 2014 with ALS and we have been dealing with and trying to accept what that means.

But for today, I do have a card to share, I've had this cutie penguin colored up for awhile and used the sketch over at Sugar Pea Designs to get him on a card!

Here is my card


                                                                      and the sketch!
                                                                   

I colored with copics, used a big chevron stamp for the background and the arrow image from the
Happy Mail stamp set

I would like to enter the following challenges:

+Sugar Pea Designs-Sketch
+Simon Says Stamp-CAS
Sieze the Birthday-ATG or make background
+Crafty Catz-Things with Wings
+Sentimental Sundays-Animal Love
Crazy 4 Challenges-penguin/bird
Paper Issues-Sugar Pea image

11 comments:

  1. Love this Sugar Peas image and you've colored him so cute! Bold copic coloring is my fav! I'm a new follower of your blog too :)

    Thank you for joining us this week at Sentimental Sundays!

    AJ - DT, Sentimental Sundays

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi AJ, thanks so much, I adore penguins and bold colors! Thanks for following, I'm off to your follow your blog!! :)

      Delete
  2. oh goodness, those are big changes and things to deal with... your family will be in my prayers.

    your card, on the other hand, is as cute as can be!

    hope you are getting a chance to relax a bit this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer, yes big changes and I am definitely relaxing!! Hope you have a great weekend too! :)

      Delete
  3. Love the card and that sweet penguin, Sharla. :-D I'll keep all of you in my daily prayers for strength and comfort as you face the changes. Hugz.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, your prayers are greatly appreciated! :)

      Delete
  4. Very cute penguin....what a sweet card. Love your beautiful colors. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So so cute Sharla! Glad to see your fabulous coloring and card making...

    My heart goes to you with your Mom... my mom passed away from ALS over 20 years ago...Cherish your time with each other and be strong for each other...

    Big hugs...
    Sandy

    ((Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays...))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandy and I'm sorry to hear about your mom as well, we are definitely trying to be strong and offer support as best we can.

      Delete
  6. Adorable card! Such a sweet image and wonderful coloring!!

    Sending prayers to you, your mom and your family!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  7. So darn cute! Thanks for sharing it with us this week at Crafty Catz. Naomi x

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile, thank you for taking time to leave a message!