I checked my blog this morning and found that sweet Steph over at BZB Creates gave me a blog award!! That is my first!!!! How
freakin cool is that??? Well, it's freakin cool, I tell ya!! Thanks Steph!!! You all should definitely check out her blog, cuz she has a pretty cool thing goin on with her CARD CUPIDS, she (and anyone else who wants to) creates and sends cards to children who are fighting illness, disease, or are in the hospital and struggling for whatever reason. The cards can be for birthdays, or just some kind words to lift a child's spirit. Making a few cards for this organization is definitely on my to-do list for the next 5 days that I'm off work!!
Look how pretty that award is!! I love it, I want to hug it! :D
So,there are some rules that come with the award..
1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this.
2. Share 8 things about yourself.
3. Pay it forward to 8 bloggers you have recently discovered.
4. Contact those bloggers and tell them about their awards.
Ok..so 8 things about me, these are totally random and probably a little quirky.
1. I have to sleep with the fan on.....not for the breeze, cuz I DO NOT like the breeze on me, but for the sound. I can't sleep at all without it......I even have a battery operated one to take with me if I ever have to camp!
2. I have to have lotion on my hands after I wash them, and before touching paper....is that weird...uh huh-yep, it is! I just hate the feel of touching paper with freshly washed hands...blech, it's like nails on the chalkboard to me. (shudder)
3. I have a book in my purse at all times. I just devoured The Hunger Games trilogy, then read some of Terry Brooks, and I think from a thread on 2peas, that I must check out the Black Dagger Brotherhood series.
4. I love diet coke and chocolate...see previous post, SO DANG HAPPY!! :D Oh,and you can throw some hot tamales or cinnamon bears in with that and I'd totally be in heaven!
5. I was on America's Most Wanted! no further information available at this time. ;)
6. Love to travel, Italy being one of my favorite places so far. Would love to visit Ireland, Greece, and Hawaii.
7. I have a boy and girl...boy is 19, girl is 14, and I think they are the coolest kids ever! I'm beyond proud of them and thankful for them in my life.....(yeah, I went and got all gushy!)
8. I collect scrapbook supplies, and then have a hard time actually using them...........does that make me a hoarder??? ACK!
Now..to pass along this award to 8 other bloggers..
Mary Pat: http://siehledwithakiss.blogspot.com/
And,there ya go! Check out these talented ladies and enjoy looking through their blogs...I know I do!