Monday, February 6, 2012

Cloudy with the chance of Thunderstorms


It's been a couple weeks since I've posted, been under the weather in several different ways.  We've had sickness in the home, I've had several things going on with me personally that has put me in a funk and in meltdown mode. I'm trying to get back to normal and I will get there....I will probably allow myself a couple more cloudy days to feel sorry for myself and then shake it off, stand up straight, put my big girl pants back on and move forward with a positive attitude. 

thunderous mass of clouds & lightening

I'm not sure if I'm trying to do too much or not enough.......  :/   does that even make any sense?  I'm trying to better myself in every way, it just seems a little overwhelming.  I guess I will just take it one day at a time and see what works for me, keep the things that make my day go better and get rid of the things that weigh me down.

 I have been trying to exercise and eat better.  I've been walking after work a couple nights with a co-worker, and then I am trying to workout on my lunch break on the other days.  I'm hoping to continue this, as it seems that I can't seem to get up at 5:00 a.m to get to the gym, and after work just seems like it never gets done.  Anyway, sometimes just mulling things over for a few funky days helps me process things and then I can leave it behind and move on to better days....days that look like this!!  :)



Dangit, I was so looking for a picture of unicorns, rainbows and butterflies!  ;)  

This will do!  See, I'm already starting to feel better.  I guess this whole writing and journaling your thoughts and feelings really has some theraputic properties to it! 

5 comments:

  1. I think most of the time we are our own worst critics and it is easy to get in a funk because we want results now. I hope things look up for you soon! Great job getting in the exercise. That is the hardest thing for me but I always feel so much better when I do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been a bit wonky myself...My weight is such an issue for me. I am taking Body Restoration and it is helping me. I just want to get rid of my BAD eating habits!!!

    Cheer up...we are all here for you!! Thank you for always being here for me btw:)

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always feel a little funkier in the winter months. I'm so looking forward to spring and longer days and warmer weather! Even though we've had a mild winter with virtually no snow... Hope you have a sunny day tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Becky, the winter months are long and drab.
    I have been going through a funk for over a year now, but can feel myself every so slowly retuning to my normal self.
    One thing I did today, we do one of my Pilate workouts :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hope you are feeling better--i know the weather plays into it a lot. this winter has been so cloudy and rainy--but the spring is almost here!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile, thank you for taking time to leave a message!