Tuesday, April 8, 2008

A little bit schlumpy

I've been in a slump lately..I think just feeling unmotivated and overwhelmed. Don't get me wrong, my life is so blessed and I am very lucky....just feeling a little bit schlumpy. I guess sometimes I start playin around in the pity puddle, and I hate when I'm splishin and splashin and knee deep in gucky, slimy, woe is me. Ick......how do you get out of a rut? Well, that's what I've been trying to figure out. I've been doin a lot of thinkin lately, self examination, that sort of thing. The only thing I can come up with is that it's up to me...(with a lot of help from the BIG MAN upstairs). I can do something about it and be better and stronger, or I can continue playing in the goopy, pit of despair.


I think I've realized that I feel a little unaccomplished, and to fix that I need to start setting goals. I look at the overall big picture and get too overwhelmed.. then I feel like a loser, I tend to quit before I even begin. A co-worker of mine had some good advice, he said.......take baby steps. Make a small goal for the day and just accomplish that, if you do nothing else for the day, just accomplish that one small goal. It's like the saying "you can't eat an elephant all at once, but bite by bite...." something like that. So, I've been putting that into practice........and I now have made it through my 3rd day with no diet coke!!! Yay me!! That doesn't seem like a big deal, but for me..it's HUGE.


I've also realized that I need to make a serious effort into cleaning up my diet and exercising more.....I've gotten pretty lazy. Well, guess what? I don't really like myself all that much when I feel that way, and guess what? It's something that I have control over, I just need to quit hitting snooze and get out of bed in the morning.


Also, the last thing that I've realized is that I need to start creating again. Whether it be scrapbooking or painting, I just need to make the time for it, heck, I've got the time...I just need to do it. I was looking through my photo albums and some projects that I've done and it's giving me a little push to get creative again. Here's a little something that I made for a friends bridal shower a few months ago.
I had fun making this frame...........I need to get the creative juices flowin again.....I need that creative outlet, it's like therapy...
So, for now I have a few things that I know I need to work on and hope that by making a few small changes, it will bring about big results....see, I already feel better... :)

1 comment:

  1. Giving up the diet coke is fantastic, girl!! keep up the good work!! and let's do another challenge soon! as soon as I get all this crap out of my scraproom!! *Ü*

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile, thank you for taking time to leave a message!