Monday, December 30, 2013

It's my party and I'll cry if I want to.....

Actually, I'm not really having a party.  I am having a birthday though and I do feel a little like crying.  It's not that I'm getting older....cuz really every birthday should be celebrated!!  I mean, it's one more year that we are alive, one more year that we have spent with family and friends, one more year creating memories and having life lesson type experiences. And in all honesty, I really don't feel like crying, at least not at this exact moment....give me a few and that might change!    ;)

What I'm kind of bummed about and a little down about is that there are some things/goals in my personal life that I wanted to have done by now and instead of reaching those goals, I've done a 180 and gone in the completely opposite direction.  I'm a little mad at myself, disappointed, but yet hopeful at the same time.  I'm hopeful that in a couple days I can leave 2013 behind, not that it was a bad year (it wasn't), but maybe I can leave my emotional baggage/bad habits/bad health/sometimes bad attitude and leave it all in 2013.

I'm not really a big "RESOLUTION" type person, I tend to get discouraged easily when I don't see results fast enough...especially when it comes to weight loss.  UGH!  That is the worst and that is when I throw my hands in the air and give up.....well giving up has only gotten me heavier and more unhealthy.

So..........as much as I do not care to make resolutions, I am going to make a commitment to myself to celebrate the progress.  Celebrate the baby steps, celebrate the small victories and realize that with each step I come that much closer to seeing and having a healthier attitude, healthier body and a better outlook on life.  Hopefully along this journey, I will also learn to be a little nicer to myself.

My hope, prayers and wishes to all of us is to have a blessed and prosperous New Year, to look forward to 2014 with hopeful anticipation and to have lots of love and laughter.

To all my blogland friends, thank you for stopping by and leaving love, thanks for all your sweet comments and for sharing my little space on the blogosphere.    Love to  ya all, have a safe and happy New Year!

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Sharla!
    I completely understand you, because I am the same at the time of resolutions and specially weight loss ones... but still have faith and the new year brings me (us) a new opportunity!!!
    One of the best things from 2013 is to have been in the same team and met you there, a great crafting budy.
    Wish you a great year, may the Lord bless your life, family and everything you do.
    Love and hugs,
    Ardilla :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Sharla!! I know 2014 will be a great year!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could have wrote this post Sharla.
    I feel the same as you do. It seem like I just let this year go by without accomplishing my goals and went in the opposite direction.
    Its only day 3 into the New Year and I already feel behind.
    But for the weightloss goal..I did loose some weight, but that is due to being sick, teehee. You know when I can eat again, I will gain it all back, lol.
    Chin up my friend…hope you had a great birthday…and we will do better in the new year :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile, thank you for taking time to leave a message!