Monday, June 30, 2014

Super Dad

I made this cute card for my dad....I'm super early and ahead of schedule for once...his birthday is in OCT....but I AM READY!!  This cute super bird is perfect for my dad, he's a pretty amazing guy.  He grows a garden and gives away most of the harvest to neighbors and even strangers. There are times when my gas tank mysteriously fills up or I find a $50 in my glove box.  He helps when he is tired and he helps when he doesn't feel good, that's just the kind of guy my dad is.  Always wanting to help someone else, and he doesn't want the credit.  A lot of his service is done quietly and anonymously.  He's a super great guy and I'm so grateful he is my dad!!

This image is called Super Birdbrain and was a freebie with a progressive challenge over at
From the Heart Stamps I think this image is just too funny, I love his little bugged out eyes!!  I colored him with copics and spectrum noir (blues) and just used paper for the rest...not one other embellishment!  I had to get this done and entered and I'm scootin in with just under 4 hours to go, whew.....Now I'm off to have dinner with the parents, have a great night!! :)


I would like to enter the following challenges:
Sketch073.jpg

+Dragonfly Dreams-Things with Wings
+Party Time Tuesdays-Red, White and Blue  WON

12 comments:

  1. Great way to combined both challenges together. Your coloring is great and i like the stars.

    Thanks for joining us @ From the Heart Stamps !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dad sounds like an absolutely amazing man! You are one lucky girl! Your card is adorable and he will love it! Thanks for linking it up with us over at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dad sound like a special person.
    Such a cute card, that image made me chuckle when I saw it on your Instagram :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love these bird images! This is perfect for this week's Celebrate challenge at Cupcake Inspirations! Thanks so much for sharing!
    Hugs,
    Debbie
    DT-CIC

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card, love the image!! Thanks for playing along with us this week at the Party Time Tuesdays Red, White, and Blue Challenge!!

    Elina- DT member, Party Time Tuesdays

    ReplyDelete
  6. ha ha this is so darn...love it..thanks for sharing at cupcake inspirations

    ~Tina~
    sweetie dt

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous card, I love it as it made me smile. Thank you for sharing with us at Dragonfly Dreams, hope we see you again soon...
    Love and Hugs ~ Lady Anne xx
    Dragonfly Dreams
    Anne's Paper Dream's Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is sooooo cute!

    Thanks for joining us at Dragonfly Dreams and I hope we see you again soon!

    Hugz

    Laurian
    Owner Dragonfly Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super card (no pun intended)! I love how his cape flaps off the card. With the image and the paper stars, no embellies was the way to go. Showcases that fabulous image. Thanks for sharing it at Cupcake Inspirations. Nance, DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable! Love how you've colored the Birdbrain and the scattering of stars...great card! Thank you for playing along with us at From the Heart Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh super cute Card
    Kisses from france and thx for joining us on Party Time Tuesday

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile, thank you for taking time to leave a message!